Visual Stimulus

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Work Placement Day 11: "Final Day"

So my work at Arts Ed has come to an end. 'Much Ado' needs much attention...
Today was pretty relaxed- a nice final day. We spent the morning sourcing some final bits, which would have been slightly better if it hadn't meant carrying 25 large cartons of Apple Juice a whole mile back from Sainsburys... severe back pain now, but I'm sure it will pass, atleast it was a sunny day.
I also did some more computer work- making backs for credit cards.
In the afternoon, I had a right treat- got to watch the run-through of the dress rehearsal!
Finally a chance to see what we'd been working towards!
They play was interesting, if not slightly confusing. The props worked well though.
The worst thing about it was that there was absolutely no way that you could see the grey lines that we had painstakingly painted on to the set a few weeks ago.... but other than that, everything else went rather smoothly, which was great. Glad all our hard work paid off... well most of it.
After that we just had to do a quick mop and a sweep and I was done forever! Well hopefully not forever, but for now.
I'd like to come back and see 13 premiere next weds, but I'll have to see how I'm getting on towards my deadline and how my bank balance is looking after almost 3 weeks of travelling in London.
Working at Arts Ed was an interesting experience but I am so anxious to get back to 'Much Ado' I have completely lost my flow of whats going on. I almost feel like it's like starting all over again. Fabric Sourcing in Goldhawk Rd tomorrow... hopefully that will get me back on the right track....

Set For 'How to Disappear Completely and Never Be Found'


So on the way home I saw this garden gazebo... Now that the mezzanine floor in the Studio theatre is a definite, I thought I'd definitely have to scrap the idea of having my wrought iron gazebo because it would restrict the view from above too much.... but I notice when I saw this one that actually, even through the bars, the view is very clear. Something to think about.


No comments:

Post a Comment