Visual Stimulus

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Costumes for Claudio

Until my tutorial regarding my Set Designs tomorrow evening, I have decided to focus back onto the costumes as I think, during all the stress with my set, I may have underestimated how much I had left to do on them.
Today, I took one of my very initial designs that I felt had a strong concept and I was already happy with the direction in which it was going. There are a few costumes like this- mainly the uniform based ones, primarily because they are historical, and therefore my first few drawings of them aren't likely to change much.
The design I decided to realise in order to get my formatting etc sorted was Claudio's wedding outfit.
The result of my photoshop tinkering is below:
There are 2, experimenting with different backgrounds and texts.



























I like the one on the right the best, both the text and the background are more appropriate for the play. I'm worried the darker background might be too distracting to the designs themselves, but then again, all the costume colours will contrast beautifully wit the blue as that is the hue that will hopefully be used with the set.
There are a few alterations still to make both with the design and the formatting, such as more careful/accurate colour rendering and touching up the line drawing. But ESSENTIALLY, this represents what I would like my final designs to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment