Visual Stimulus

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Ladies in Waiting

Margaret and Ursula are now complete.
The research for this actually took a lot longer than anticipated.
It took me a long time to find-out the names of the types of Saris that I wanted to use. Both pictured are special traditional Saris each using 9 yards of fabric- much more than the usual amount. This creates a Sari that is more practical for moving, and less sleek and elegant than Lady Hero's attire. It also took me a long time to get the colour-scheme right, in terms of balancing the colours of the rest of the production,

I know the composition is a little squashed, but I felt that it was important to have both the servants on the same design, as the colour interaction between the 2 costumes is really vital.



No comments:

Post a Comment