Visual Stimulus

Sunday 23 September 2012

Day 3: More Designs, More organizing

Sunday,
Today I worked hard to try and complete my 'To-Do' List for the weekend, but alas there are a few designs left to do: Beatrice's bedwear, The Sexton, Boy, and Messenger.
The reason I have left these is because I need some clarification from the director. The Sexton is the most straight forward and I should allocate some time aside to do him, but there are various issues surrounding the other characters that I'd like to clear with Doug before I do the designs, and he emailed me to say he'd like to meet asap to discuss, so I won't do anything just yet.
I also updated my important documents to send to Sarah to help with her costume plot, below are my revisited Script Breakdown and my revisited Costume Breakdown.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=31843A379A3CA19!123&authkey=!AHsALpahCGOaFSs

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=31843A379A3CA19!124&authkey=!ANRDa4R-mkKpqkQ

I also did some more research into jackets. During the initial Production Meeting last Friday, I remember Rebecca saying that my drawing of Don John's jacket was unclear... or more accurately 'you've drawn it wrong- do a technical drawing'. So I did a bit of research into how the jacket would open, and actually my drawing is ALMOST there, the problems being that the openings don't quite line-up and the bottom of the overlap down the centre front tapers up the wrong way because it would actually be the other side of the front that would be overlapping. I found this image of a Napoleonic jacket, which although is a different cut, the opening has much the same technique and method, so it really helped me to understand.

I've also been trawling the internet for Nehru collared jackets for Conrade and Borachio, I found a few, but chef's jackets may still be our best bet. I found this one on ebay which I think we could dye, but it's so expensive...... and 80s.....


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boys-White-Mandarin-Nehru-Collar-Tuxedo-Dinner-Jacket-Wedding-Ringbearer-6B-/400296329583?pt=Boys_Wedding_Attire&hash=item5d3385416f

I also did the designs for Balthasar and Friar Francis.



No comments:

Post a Comment