Visual Stimulus

Monday 30 April 2012

Work Placement Day 1: "Making Money and Dining with The Kennedys"

Working hours 11:00am - 5:10pm.
Today was my first day on my work placement at the Arts Educational School in Chiswick. It's a really lovely location to work, especially as the sun was out today. All the staff seem really lovely, and the team I will be working with are accommodating and friendly.
So the morning was mainly spent doing general admin, health and safety procedures, touring round the school, meeting the directors, making prop lists... that sort of thing. In the afternoon Natalie and I made lots and lots of money....
I wish I meant that in the figurative sense rather than the literal. But instead of coming into a sudden cash-flow, we instead spent the afternoon printing and cutting out pretend notes for use on the shows that we will be working on ('13' and 'How to disappear completely and Never be Found'). I was the only one who seemed to be able to get the printer to behave, so I was in charge of formatting all the word documents ready to be printed on two sides. It was fine- although they had been perhaps sized wrong- alas none of us had a £50 note to compare it to.
So that's how we 'made money'. As for 'dining with the Kennedys'? The answer is even less exciting, in that when I went out for dinner that evening Susan Kennedy from Neighbours was there.....
Tragic, but still the highlight of my life.
                                                ^ Here is Natalie doing some cutting... ^
                                                ^ Just some of the fruits of our labour ^

No comments:

Post a Comment