Visual Stimulus

Thursday 26 April 2012

Blog and Set Tutorials

today was very useful in terms of sorting out my jumble of ideas. It's always so good to get feedback, so I really appreciated having the opportunity to do a tutorial before I leave for my work placement. I'm pretty ok with the direction of my costumes- but I really felt my set needed development.
A brief explanation of the outcome of the tutorial for my initial set design (video in previous post) is below:
-Get rid of the gazebo- I don't need it. By putting a structure like that there, it's implying that all the action in the play should centre around this space, which it shouldn't. Remember the space is filled with characters- the set can be subtle.
- Play more with the screens.

For a while I have been playing with the idea of having the audience come through the dock doors on the East wall so that they have to wander through the AUCB gardens before directly entering the theatre... I could have little lights guiding the way and incense burning... Anyway I discussed this with my tutor and he doesn't seem to think that it would be a problem. Hooray!

Also it looks like there will be a balcony level to the theatre- so that is something I will have to consider in my next model.

So much to do ...with Much Ado!

No comments:

Post a Comment