Visual Stimulus

Sunday 15 April 2012

Trip to the Russell-Cotes Museum

Today I went on an outing to the Russell-Cotes Museum, for the first time, to see if there was anything here that could help me with my project. Alas, it was primarily of Japanese, Russian, and Turkish/Morroccan influence and I was forbidden from taking photos anyway- which is a pitty.
However, it was such a wonderful museum with so many nice things to do for children that I felt no resentment whatsoever in paying the newly inroduced entrance fee of £4- it was brilliant. There were free Pith Helmets and magnifying glasses so that children could go round the museum under some bizarre guise of a sort of safari detective- and needless to say, I did not hesitate in doing the same: immediately donning a hat and magnifying glass to 'help me with my studies'.
There were a few beautiful domes and carvings dotted about the place that could have been Indian in influence- I think I need to have a think about creating atmosphere through colours and lights....
^ The exotic garden with arches ^
^ The stained glass domed ceiling of 'the Moorish Alcove' ^
                         ^ An Aerial view of the indoor water feature inside the Main Hall ^...
                                                          if only I had the budget....

No comments:

Post a Comment